I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! I am excited to have our whole class together for our first full day tomorrow! We will begin to work toward following our full day schedule but it will take several weeks to get to that point. This week we will focus on lots of "getting to know you" activities so that students are able to begin to form positive friendships with one another. Please read through the following information carefully and let me know if you have any questions.
This week in LA we will do a few Back to School activities with the stories Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and The Kissing Hand. We will also be introduced to our first SuperKid from our new Language Arts curriculum, Cass. This week students will be introduced to their student books and will begin to learn all about the letter Cc.
This week in math we will do some exploration with manipulatives that we will use throughout the year. We will begin Topic 1 which will focus on the numbers 1-5. Many students come into Kindergarten with a great foundation of numbers, especially 1-10. I use the first 2-3 topics to introduce the math routines we will use throughout the year. We will also begin to learn our calendar routine and practice identifying and creating patterns.
This week in religion we will begin to learn and practice the Our Father prayer. We will also begin to explore the story of God's creation of the world in our first religion unit, God Creates the World. In addition, we will begin to focus on our first pillar of character, responsibility.
Notes & Announcements:
- Class Directory & Dismissal Chart
- Over the weekend I worked to compile the information I have received so far for the Class Directory and Dismissal Chart. Forms from the Teacher Meet & Greet are due tomorrow. Once I have received forms from all families I will send out a draft for families to look over and make sure I have typed in everything correctly. I will then make any corrections/addition and send out a final copy for you to have throughout the year. Over the course of the year if any of your information changes please let me know and I will update our forms.
- First Week Dismissal
- Beginning tomorrow, I will follow the information provided on the Arrival/Dismissal form. If your child will not be following the information you provided on that form (especially tomorrow) please let me know asap via e-mail, note in your child's white folder or a phone call to the school office.
- Lunch Volunteers
- I have received several e-mail regarding volunteering for lunch this week. I would like to take this week to introduce and practice our lunch routines before we begin having volunteers come in. We should be all set to have volunteers begin coming in on Monday, September 8th.
- I have not received room parent information from the school office. As soon as that occurs I will let everyone know and they can begin working on setting up a lunch volunteer calendar for the class.
- Thank you in advance for your understanding and we are looking forward to having volunteers with us beginning next week. Please see the Friday Flyer for lunch volunteer training times. All lunch volunteers much have their STAND certification cards.
- Back to School Night
- Please mark your calendars for our September 9th Back to School Night (HSA Meeting). The primary team is planning to have brief presentations regarding how you can work to reinforce skills at home through homework.
Happy Playing, Laughing & Learning!