This Week In Kindergarten
January 26th - January 30th
This week we will celebrate Catholic Schools Week! There will be LOTS of fun activities going on throughout the week! Please read the front page of the Friday Flyer carefully and let myself or the school office know if you have any questions.
This week we will fit in as much academic work as possible while still enjoying all the fun of CSW! We will be focusing on the following skills this week:
- Letter Tt and the /t/ sound
- Sentence structure
- Uppercase letter at beginning
- Spacing between words
- Punctuation at the end
- Handwriting letters introduced in SuperKids Units 1-9
- Blending and writing CVC words (consonant vowel consonant) using the vowels introduced so far (/a/, /i/, /o/)
- Numbers 0-100
- Addition using + and = with sums to 10
- God Gives Me Feelings unit
- We will join our 8th Grade buddies for mass on Friday. Since this is also Grandparents Day mass will be held in the school hall.
- We finished up our unit on Penguins last week and will use our Science/Social Studies time this week to read aloud several versions of The Mitten. We will work on the following skills during these read alouds:
- Making Predictions
- CSW Service Project: Each class in the school is asked to donate travel sized toiletries which will be taking to the Franciscan Center in Baltimore by the 8th Grade class. Kindergarten will be doing their part by stuffing all the bags that will be taken to the center. The Kindergarten class is asked to donate travel sized tissues. Bags will be stuffed Tuesday. (Please see the Friday Flyer for more information)
- CSW Snacks: Father John will be providing a snack for students each day during Catholic Schools Week. Please see the Friday Flyer (front page) to see what the snack will be each day. The treats will be distributed as follows:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - During Lunch
- Thursday - During Morning Basketball Games (K will have theirs in classroom)
- Friday - After mass in classrooms
- February Projects: Information regarding February Projects will come home in your child's folder on Thursday. There will be information on two projects for homework and a community outreach project.
- February 100th Day Outreach Project: Information will be coming home the week of January 26th regarding our 100th Day Outreach Project. Each year the Kindergarten class sets a goal to donate 100 items to a community organization. This year we'll be donating to Small Miracles Dog and Cat Rescue in Ellicott City. Our focus will be:
- Fancy Feast wet food, classic varieties (cat)
- Friskies wet food, any variety (cat)
- Wet food, Pedigree or any brand (dog)
*Click on "Small Miracles" above to check out their website*
Have a wonderful week!!
Happy Playing, Laughing & Learning!